The only data collected are your name and email address, for the sole purpose of sending you our quarterly newsletter and notifications about upcoming conferences and workshops related to virtual rehabilitation.
You may have heard about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which took effect in Europe in May 25, 2018. The goal of the GDPR is to protect all EU citizens from privacy and data breaches in an increasingly data-driven world. The GDPR protects the following key rights:
- Right to be informed: You or your subscribers can ask about personal data, how it is used, and why it is being used at any time.
- Right of access: You or your subscribers can request a copy of personal information at any time.
- Right of rectification: You or your subscribers can update (or request updates to) personal information at any time.
- Right of erasure: You may cancel your account at any time and request that we erase your personal data.
- Right to restrict processing: You may put your account on hold at any time.
- Right to data portability: You may export any of your lists, or selected information within any list, at any time by accessing your account.
- Right to object: Your subscribers may unsubscribe from any of your emails at any time.
As a registrant to our mailing list you have the right of all of the above and can achieve them by using the links at the bottom of any email we send, or you can email us with your request at email@example.com.